Erastvere park campsite

Roadside rest stop by the lake. Offers a possibility to swim and walk in the park. The graveyard of the Ungern-Sternberg family, founded on the hill in the Erastvere oak stand in 1883, is maintained in good condition. The memorial chapel to the last manor lord Gerhard was built in 1997 on the ruins of the former Marie Chapel. The old red brick building at the lake is used as a place of worship and is called Conrad's Chapel.
Phone+372 676 7122
Type of objectCampsite
Parking facilitiesLeave the car in the pub parking lot or park near the camping area.
AmenitiesInformation boards, 2 covered campfire sites with benches, sheter for firewood, dry toilet. A floating platform installed by the municipality in the swimming place, a catering facility nearby. A 1 km long walking path equipped with information boards starts from the area.
Camping facilities Camping for 20 tents (for 4).
Outdoor fireplace   2 campfire sites.
Campfire site yes
Hiking options Kooraste cycling trail (38 km)
Additional information Before going on a nature walk please read the Environmental code of conduct (freedom to roam), rules of conduct and waste-sorting policy
LocationPõlva County, near the new Tartu-Võru road by Lake Erastvere. Object no 33 on the recreation area map.
Driving directionsDrive on Tallinn–Tartu–Võru–Luhamaa road (Road no. 2) to the Kanepi–Leevaku junction, turn left and after about 130 m turn left again. Drive about 160 m to the RMK signpost and turn right (before the pub). The campsite is 125 m from there.
Geographic coordinatesLong-Lat WGS 84
latitude: 57.977420
longitude: 26.781690
L-EST 97 x: 6429632 y: 664546